Re: Arabeyes Charter Proposal

On Thursday 14 March 2002 08:34 pm, Mohammed Elzubeir wrote:
> Isam, it's time for your vote. Please think very carefully before you
> make a choice, because this will have a tremendous impact on the way
> Arabeyes will function from here on.
>
> I vote yes.

:-) I am starting to feel that I am the only one having fun in Arabeyes ..
everytime there got to be a discussion it is getting too personal ( Me this,
you that) .. come on people ..
As for my vote, I say NO for this Charter.
I say YES for A charter (maybe this one after some more modification)
If you want to really move on, we can VOTE upon article, it can be done fast,
and will result in having few points clear at least, here is my vote:
/* (YES,NO, no-comment)
 * (Please have everything numbered, even definitions)
 */

no-comment	for 	Roles and responsabilities
YES		for 	Core collective responsabilities
YES 		for 	policy proposal procedure
// Voting Procedure:
no-comment	for	A.1
NO		for	A.2 	//( shouldn't be in a charter, the UN human rights says it)
YES		for	A.3
YES		for 	A.4
YES		for	A.5
YES		for 	B.1
YES		for	B.2
// Section C is a paragraph, it is better be points
no-comment	for	C
YES		for	D.1
YES		for	D.2
NO		for	D.3
NO		for	E
NO		for	F //needs restructuring to make it clear ( points)
YES		for 	G
YES		for	H
===============================

mm, now about l10n stuff and so :-) well I had my ups and downs in it, my
interest in it varies according to many factors, but I can not deny that I
find other fields more interesting sometime, but that is not to effect my
feeling of responsability toword the l10n.. I feel that the l10n work fruits
shows in the long run, that makes it easy to loose interest when not seeing
instant results... For me, to tell you the truth, I find the Server work done
by Moe is the shity job that I won't do :-) (no offense Moe)

Please Chaine and Nadim (order of mentioning names is of no importance:-) )
It seems that you have a lot to disagree on then to agree on :-) Now, let us
remember what we ALL agree on:
- Arabeyes is there for a reason
- Arabeyes is to fulfill its goals
- We volunteered for Arabeyes because we believe in the GOALS of Arabeyes,
and want to help fulfill them

Now regarding the structure, hierarchy, and others, they should NOT be points
that would make is as severely argue and disagree, I would understand this
discussion if it was about Arabeyes goals :-)

--
Yours,
Isam Bayazidi