Re: Arabeyes Charter Proposal

Nadim Shaikli a *crit :

> how does structure and hierarchy resolve conflicts
>    naturally when its been implied that authority and position will not be an
>    issue in settling any points ?

It WILL be an issue, definitely. But it will be so only when disfunctionning
appear. IOW, if as you state it we have another 6 months of progress without any
glitch, with thoughtful exchanges and enriching cross corrections, we won't even
need to take a look at the charter. If there's a disfunctionning, then it'll be
there to spare us bad time.

> As for the need for titles - I can only say that its a truly sad idea!

Titles, dunno. Call them whatever you want, the thing is, there are roles that
must be assumed. I personally don't care about titles, if at some point you want
to give the roles (that will stay formal only as long as there's no need to
implement them) other names, feel free to do so. This is not about titles, my ego
has a lot better to feel good with, so hierarchy and titles in this organization
leave me completely indifferent in any regard but added efficiency in work.

> And in my opinion a major factor into all these problems/issues.
>
> Clarification - the votes I was after are only for things "that might
> have conflicting views" (as is noted above) and not for any "minor issues"
> (we survived 6 months with MAJOR progress without so much as a hiss, mind
> you and there were plenty of disagreements and give-n-take).
>
> Maybe in a different thread, I could be educated onto why (in detail and
> in bruising truth) you think "it didn't" work (as is noted above).

You might want to learn that it brings nothing positive to rehash the bad things
of the past between people who are not to stay with each other. We're making this
charter to give core a new boost without the kind of glitches core recently had.

Anyway, you voted and I voted, I guess there isn't much to add...
Salaam,
Chahine