Re: Concerning 'Arabic Conjugator'

--- Nadim Shaikli <shaikli at yahoo dot com> wrote:
[...]
> You can, as Youcef notes, look at any of the
> development projects to get
> an idea of what is done - in short, we have a
> LICENSE file and we have
> the same header in all of the .c, .h files.  In
> whole thing boils down
> to pretty much just deciding which license to pursue
> and then writing that
> decision down somewhere so the rest of the world
> knows - yup, its as simple
> as that.

Ok, so I will tell the author we will do that either
by email or when I see him. I don't think he will
object. In fact I think he will be thrilled. (did I
mention he teaches UNIX courses?) :)
[...]
> Actually this is beyond wise - I think this is
> needed (ie. a requirement).
> Have him write you an email noting this info.  Also
> tell him that his name
> (and email) will be mentioned in some of the files
> to give him due credit
> for his past work (and see if he a problem with
> that).  We want to make sure
> to create a trace of development history on anything
> that is on arabeyes
> (ie. where it came from, when, by whom, with whose
> permission, etc).

Noted. Will do so immediately.

[...]
> > So, I encourage you to take the responsability of
> this project, take your
> > time to learn and ask the more experienced
> developers (who will be very
> > happy to give a hand).
>
> I can't agree more with Youcef :-)  Ahmad.K has
> experience with both windows
> and linux now so he might be able to port it quickly
> to linux giving you
> more time to concentrate on the code on a real/true
> development platform
> (if you so desire).  In all though, the more
> developers we have the better.

Sure thing. The first thing I will need to learn is
how to deal with the MySQL database, but I learn fast
and I could use the knowledge :)

Abdulaziz,