Re: Concerning 'Arabic Conjugator'

--- abdulhaq <al-arabeyes at alinsyria dot fsnet dot co dot uk>
wrote:
> assalaamu `alaykum
>
> it's not my business but it would seem strange if
> you called this app
> Conjugator as this is a Latin word.
[...]
> Since you are arabeyes and not romaneyes ;-) then an
> arabic name such as
> muSarrif would seem more sensible.

If you plan to use this app/library then it definitely
IS your business! And I couldn't agree more about the
name. Musarrif is a good name, but what about
something catchy? Let me think about that one for a
while :)

> What I would really love is an app that worked in
> the other direction, working
> out the jidhr etc. of arabic words. This could be
> used in the qur'aan app to
> look up words by jidhr which would be very useful
> indeed. If I get time then
> maybe someone would be interested in collaborating
> on this?

I'm definitely getting ideas of this sort. Here is how
I envision the project for now:

1. A library with a basic set of functions that may be
used by other programs.

2. A command line application that basically takes an
input word from the user and conjugates/inclinates it
or does the opposite by taking a word and outputing
the root.

3. If anyone knows GTK, (I'm learning it right now)
they can help us create a GTK frontend for the same
application above.

If you want to contribute don't hesitate to join this
project once its approved (which won't be long..)

Abdulaziz,