Re: What are the needed Arabized applications?

No. There is no shaping or BiDi code in there. Wide character support is
there.

> > > To be honest, I am not sure. Evolution is part of Ximian Desktop but I
> > > do not know if it is part of GNOME. Arafat, can you shed some light on
> > > this please.
> >
> > Same here - make sure Arabic works otherwise we need to put it on a
> > "fix it" list and include it later.
It is part of the Ximian Desktop but not GNOME 'base' (GNOME fifth toe).
Evolution 1.4 is PANGO/GTK2 based, Arabic support is there.

I was working on a list of included applications but almost all GTK2/QT
applications will support Arabic nowadays. Other than duali, katoob,
some Arabic fonts and friends, there is nothing else I can think of that
would not be in a distribution (gnumeric, abiword, etc...).

I just wanted to make a note regarding the GNOME i18n project...how
about Arafat and friends work on moving the translations upstream into
the GNOME project(s)?

--
| Samy Al Bahra | samy at kerneled dot com |