Re: What are the needed Arabized applications?

A little note about Arabized applications..
I would prefer two things:
1. The importance should denote the degree of need of a particular
*class* of programs, not a specific program. E.g. if gnome-terminal was
stated as a must, this will result in a vote to have a terminal emulator
as a must. But from a distro point of view, this means that
gnome-terminal must either be included or replaced by another terminal
emulator that satisfies the same needs as gnome-terminal. So it can be
flagged as a must, and this will translate to the inclusion of an Arabic
support terminal emulator being obligatory for a distro.
2. For a program to be suggested, it need not support Arabic (or UTF-8)
now. If ncurses was listed as a must, that means we really need Arabic
support for ncurses, perhaps as a means of supporting later programs
such as elinks or installers. We can thus derive a list of the programs
candidate for new translation/arabization efforts at arabeyes.
Naturally, a program that does not support Arabic or in the way to doing
it is not suitable for distro inclusion. In fact, if there is a
replacement, it should not be even considered as a candidate for
Arabization (except for special cases like replacing a non-free software
by a free one).

So, Nadim, I wouldn't stop someone from suggesting a program here as
long as it is sensible (no doom;). After all, no body seem to want to
suggest a software that I am beginning to believe you have arabized all
linuxes behind my back somewhere..