Re: Arabic site (was -Arabeyes News Digest)

On Thu, 2003-09-04 at 22:10, Isam Bayazidi wrote:

> I disagree with this, as Arabeyes main source and power is the Arabs
> themselves, the non-arabs had been and will continue to be a great source of
> help, and assistance to the project, but they should not have a higher
> priority, and higher consideration than Arabs themselves.
Not all Arabs are fluent in Arabic.
As Nadim said, the reality is an OSS developer/translator will need to
know English due to the current state of OSS in general.

> Well, I did not say to abandon English, all I am saying is to give Arabic a
> higher priority, and a higher rank than it is having now.
As said, not all Arabs are fluent in Arabic. I can type around 3 words
per minute when using Arabic, and I am sure I am not the only one with
this speed. For this to become a reality we need steady translators that
are able to translate as fast as the developers type-out their English
documentation/announcements/etc...

--
| Samy Al Bahra | samy at kerneled dot com |