Re: Arappix

--- Ra'id Al-Jamali <rjamali at omantel dot net dot om> wrote:
> - Naming: As we know the letter 'P' does not exist in Arabic. Or at
> least not any more (phonetically transformed into 'F'?). Perhaps it
> would be more appropriate to adopt a name that could be correctly
> scribed and pronounced in the intended language, eg Arabix (with a
> 'ain)?

Good point - we can certainly do with a name that has nothing to do
with Knoppix as well (at a min transform it to be 'Arabbix' - the 2-b's
are to distinguish it from the various Arabix things on the 'net). Any
other suggestions ? Anmar, whatcha think ?

> - Modularity: from my limited knowledge, Morphix - which I never tried -
> would appear to be a more modular solution upon which customisation
> layers can be built. If that is the case, then the issue of
> maintainability should be simplified. The project certainly expresses a
> core aim of increasing 'forkability' of the knoppix method. This way we
> can probably have a two layer approach with a base Arabeyes 'library'
> module containing fonts, bidi stuff, etc, followed by several optional
> interface-centric modules sitting on top (GNOME, KDE, XFCE4, etc).

I was not aware of Morphix; Anmar/others any comments ?

Thanks Ra'id for the pointers.