Re: Quran Project (was - Note: Translating Arabeyes)

On Sat, Oct 25, 2003 at 12:20:25AM -0700, Nadim Shaikli wrote:
> --- Ahmad Twaijry <msx at hush dot com> wrote:
> > On Fri, 24 Oct 2003  Nadim Shaikli <shaikli at yahoo dot com> wrote:
> >
> > >I've had these 3 files (from the now missing Mohammed Yousif -
> > >we really need someone else to take over the Quran project now) for
> > >a while
> >
> > The Quran project is one of the best project (as its one of a few Arabic
> > projects in Unix) and too many people was very happy about it in Gitex
> > I hope someone can take over the Quran project
>
> There are 2 issues that require urgent attention.
>
>  2. With Mohammed Yousif missing now for like 3 months (or more) we need
>     to either,
>     a. Have someone contact him physically (at home via phone or a knock
>        on the door - he's in .eg) -- I hope he's OK
Anyone know where is he living ? Address ? phone ??

>     b. Find a capable replacement to take on the work that he left off

I don't know, But I know nothing about Qt/KDE, I can try and handle the
gnomequran project "If I qualify". I can't do anything with qtquran and
I don't think I have enough time to learn it.

> Ideas/Comments/Suggestions ?
As for the data signing. we can gpg sign them, Let the user download the
public key, or the application can do this automatically, however anyone
can play with the code and get another key and change the download
location.
Maybe provide the downloading parts as binary only ? I don't think this
is a good idea.

--
-- Katoob Main Developer