Re: some general points

This is doable in vim?  vim supports multiple fonts
and formatting (bold, underline), etc in a *wysiwyg*
manner?  Maybe katoob, but not vim.  However, I tried
OpenOffice on the Arabbix cd and most of the fonts
looked the same.  I didn't find anything that actually
produced professional looking text.  I could read
Arabic pages with Mozilla but they were ugly.  The
Arabbix cd needs to have some pretty fonts by default.

I already looked at the document.  The first step is
to  compile the kernel.  While I love hacking around
with my computer, I don't have time.  I installed XP
and simply enabled Internationalization.  Arabbix is
close, but it needs some work.  Perhaps the most
pressing things (from my perspective) are to get
Mozilla stable (since it was crashing like crazy) and
to configure Mozilla and Open Office to have some
reasonable fonts.

Salam,
Moustafa

http://www.arabeyes.org/download/documents/howto/arabic-howto-en/