Re: some general points

--- Moustafa Elqabbany <elqabbany at yahoo dot com> wrote:
> To give you an example, I typed up the following in XP
> Home:

> This uses UTF-8 (Unicode).
> (Note: I am not using this group to promote particular
> religious ideas.  I am merely providing an example of
> what I want to be able to produce using Arabic Linux.)
>
> I want to be able to read and email out documents that
> look like the above.

Again, this is very doable.  You are not asking for anything
out of the ordinary (you simply want to write Arabic and
English and have it be displayed correctly).  You can do that
in Katoob or in emacs-bidi or in vim within mlterm among other
options.

Make sure to look into and read,

  http://www.arabeyes.org/docs.php
  http://www.arabeyes.org/download/documents/howto/arabic-howto-en/