Re: Linux Seminar in Egypt

--- Alaa Abd El Fattah <alaa at aza-group dot com> wrote:
> On Sat, 18 Oct 2003 14:07:04 -0700 (PDT)
> Nadim Shaikli <shaikli at yahoo dot com> wrote:
>
> > Wonderful - great first step and it sounds like lots of others are
> > coming down the pipe too.  We should also start planning for INFOS
> > 2004 (Mar 6 - Mar 8, 2004) - "its never too early to plan".
>
> in fact it is a bit late to plan for this.
> they want the community to present papers there, but there is the
> finance problem to deal with.
> anyway I'll be giving a demo in Cairo Univ. on Wednesday and maybe I'll
> manage to discuss INFOS with some of the staff.

Did anything come of the Cairo Univ discussions ?  If it's worth while
to be at INFOS and depending on the required fees, we could try to raise
it (via donations, etc) to have a presence there.

> > I didn't see a mention of that shop's name - but in general if you
> > could get us in contact with shops/magazines/etc that would take
> > arabbix and mass produce it for free, we'd be more than happy to work
> > with them (again, if you want to proxy that dialog, feel free).
> > Whatever would benefit the end user, we're all for.
>
> this is just a small computer and mobile phone accessories shop, Linux
> CDrs are a best seller there but I doubt they can do more.
> the first time I saw this job it felt like the revolutions happened
> khalas, if we are at the stage where GNU/Linux cds are sold ta7t el
> kobry and they have a market then there is no stopping it :-)

I hope its being sold for a reasonable price (ie. something affordable),
if not we need to step in and either bring forth an alternate solution
or be creative on how best to flood people with that which they need
(free in magazines, etc).