Re: Linux Seminar in Egypt

On Sat, 18 Oct 2003 14:07:04 -0700 (PDT)
Nadim Shaikli <shaikli at yahoo dot com> wrote:

> --- Mostafa Hussein <mostafa at linux-egypt dot org> wrote:
> > On Sat, 18 Oct 2003 01:51:31 -0700 (PDT)
> >
> [snip]
> >
> > Yes, there are more events and in a university :)
> > http://www.linux-egypt.org/showthread.php?threadid=2179
>
> Wonderful - great first step and it sounds like lots of others are
> coming down the pipe too.  We should also start planning for INFOS
> 2004 (Mar 6 - Mar 8, 2004) - "its never too early to plan".

in fact it is a bit late to plan for this.
they want the community to present papers there, but there is the
finance problem to deal with.
anyway I'll be giving a demo in Cairo Univ. on Wednesday and maybe I'll
manage to discuss INFOS with some of the staff.

> I didn't see a mention of that shop's name - but in general if you
> could get us in contact with shops/magazines/etc that would take
> arabbix and mass produce it for free, we'd be more than happy to work
> with them (again, if you want to proxy that dialog, feel free).
> Whatever would benefit the end user, we're all for.

this is just a small computer and mobile phone accessories shop, Linux
CDrs are a best seller there but I doubt they can do more.
the first time I saw this job it felt like the revolutions happened
khalas, if we are at the stage where GNU/Linux cds are sold ta7t el
kobry and they have a market then there is no stopping it :-)

cheers,
Alaa
--
"Why, of course, the people don't want war,  voice or no voice,  the
 people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders  .  .  .

-Hermann Goering at the Nuremberg war-crimes tribunal.