Re: My Arabbix testing

On Tue, 2003-10-21 at 23:29, Samy Al Bahra wrote:
> I was lucky enough to get a copy of Arabbix 1.0

0.8 :)

> 3) We really need to change /home/morphix, morphix, etc...into
> "arabeyes" or "arabbix". This is a simple global sed Anmar.

I tend to agree, but also remember anmar flagged this with caution.
Anmar, any thoughts why? The installer gives a username choice anyway.
What remains is a change in the passwd and groups files, renaming dirs,
and then a 'global sed' for good measure. What do you think?? Then we
just need to note down the process for seamless future downstream
upgrades from Morphix...

> 4) We should change the splash screen from the default GNOME splash
> screen (replace the default splash screen). I will make one for you guys
> tomorrow.

Great. I see art.arabeyes.org has been created. Can all of this end up
there? I spent 20 mins yesterday sifting through all the artwork related
emails...

> 6) What about the root password? We need a CLEAR way of gaining root
> access. Create a sudo-ers file or something.

what about "sudo bash" followed by "passwd root"? That always worked for
me in Knoppix...

Ra'id