Re: arabeyes.svg

On Mon, 13 Oct 2003 00:11:16 -0700 (PDT)
"Nadim Shaikli" <shaikli at yahoo dot com> wrote:

> --- Mostafa Hussein <mostafa at linux-egypt dot org> wrote:
> > "Anmar Oueja" <anmar at canada dot com> wrote:
> >
> > > Great Job Mostafa:
>
> I concur - wonderful work, we really needed that.
>
> > > I like sodipodi as well. Thanks for the much needed conversion. If you
> > > feel extra adventorous, please see if you can make this logo more
> > > squarish :)
> >
> > Well, squarish in what way exactly. Do you mean height = width ?
> > Stretching it will look ugly, but if you mean you want me to make a
> > modified logo that is squarish for arabeyes, I think I might refuse.
>
> Most places require (or give) us a square form-factor to fit our
> logo in - say 120x120 and as such we really needed a square'ish
> and/or round logo (or even tear-drop style or eye-inspired or ...).
> That can come about in 2 ways,
>
>  1. Modify existing logo to bring that forth without introducing
>     ugliness (you can always tree :-)
>  2. Create a brand-new logo using calligraphy (as you see fit) that
>     fits the requirement.

Well, I had like 2-3 days off from exams and I had time to check out sodipodi becasue I was asked 6 months ago to make a new linux-egypt.org logo and I saw the call for help and I helped. Anyways, I will try to steal some time and see if I could come up with something--derived or new--as creative as the current one.