Re: Synaptic graphical installer looking for help

Am Mi, den 26.11.2003 schrieb Anmar Oueja um 20:15:
> Hello Jean-Michel:
>
> The best way to change the locale on Debian system is the following:
>
> 1. launch a terminal and run the following as root:
>
> 	dpkg-reconfigure locales
>
> 2. Choose an arabic locale from the list:
>
> 	ar_xx (Any ar_xx would do)
>
> 3. log out of X (assuming you are using gdm) choose the arabic locale
> from the "language" list and log back into GNOME... tada.. you should be
> in Arabic environment.
>
> There are other mo conulted ways... but this is the way all uses will do
> it so you better test it this way.

Thanks for you quick response.

I don't know why but Arabic language was available after a reboot only.
But now it works and we can start de-euro-centralizing our app.

And thank you very much for the Arabic translation, Ossama Khayat.

Regards,

Sebastian