Re: KPrayertime

On Saturday 22 November 2003 10:02, abdulhaq wrote:
> assalaamu `alaykum
>
> alHamdulillaah KPrayertime v 0.99, a prayer time applet for KDE 3.x,  is
> complete and I've also packaged some RPMs for Mandrake/RedHat.
>
> It has been arabised in that labels and numbers can be shown in arabic.
>
> Screenshots and download here: http://kprayertime.sourceforge.net
>
> I'm announcing it here before announcing it to the general public as I'd
> really appreciate it if some of the brothers who use KDE could test if for
> me on their machine, particularly the RPM.
Abdulhaq! your work is marvelous and I love it a lot. Just some wild comments
on the fly which is not organized at all: (I am using Mandrake9.2)

First there should be different rpms for Mandrake and Redhat not one!

[root at localhost munzir]# rpm -ivh
/mnt/win_d/Downloads/linux/mycontrib/kprayertime-0.99-1.0.1.i586.rpm
Preparing...                ########################################### [100%]
warning: user haq does not exist - using root
warning: group haq does not exist - using root
warning: user haq does not exist - using root
warning: group haq does not exist - using root
warning: user haq does not exist - using root
warning: group haq does not exist - using root
warning: user haq does not exist - using root
warning: group haq does not exist - using root
warning: user haq does not exist - using root
warning: group haq does not exist - using root
warning: user haq does not exist - using root
warning: group haq does not exist - using root
   1:kprayertime            ########################################### [100%]

You need to correct this line
#%defattr(-, root, root)
in your spec file to show:
%defattr(-,root,root,0755)

It's better to set BuildRoot: to
BuildRoot:	%{_tmppath}/%{name}-buildroot
in your spec file and defind name on top ;)

I also faced this problem
[root at localhost munzir]# rpm -ba rpm/SPECS/kprayertime.kdevelop.spec
error: File /usr/src/RPM/SOURCES/kprayertime-0.99.tar.gz: No such file or
directory

You need to replace all occurrences of
/usr/share/ in your spec file with
%_datadir

You need to change the Group to show
Group: Sciences/Other
Note: Groups should be extracted from
/usr/share/doc/rpm-4.2/GROUPS
for Mandrake at least, (Redhat has different Groups BTW)

Fix the url
http://freshrpms.net/docs/fight.html
http://freshrpms.net/docs/fight/

Fix the line
Copyright: GPL
License: GPL (I don't know why in Mandrake it's different. BTW: I am not
experienced in making rpms but this is just my humble knowledge up to this
minute)

Removed
Vendor: haq
Since this will be
Vendor: MandrakeSoft when made official

I also recommend you take a look at this link:
http://peoples.mandrakesoft.com/~gc/mdk-rpm-howto/mdk-rpm.html

I also face these errors while trying to buil from source:
mkdir -p -- /usr/local/kde/share/doc/HTML/en/kprayertime
mkdir: cannot create directory `/usr/local/kde': Permission denied
make[3]: *** [install-nls] Error 1
make[3]: Leaving directory `/home/munzir/rpm/BUILD/kprayertime-0.99/doc/en'
make[2]: *** [install-am] Error 2

May be because you have written
ac_default_prefix=${KDEDIR:-/usr/local/kde
in your config file.

I suggest you change the Windows Bitmap pictures to PNG or whatever more
standardized format ;) I mean these two files:
kpt.bmp
kpt16.bmp

Regarding the time, today is 27 November in Saudi Arabia Ishaa prayer at 18:34
according to the official notes whereas kprayertime shows 19:07 just as an
example, any comments here?

> Jazaakallaahu khairan
and you too and forgive me for not being tidy as always ;)

--

Mandrake Club member
Maintainer of Mandrake Arabization Project Status (MAPS)
http://www.arabeyes.org/download/documents/distro/mdkarabicsupport.html
CIW Designer, ICDL, MOUS
New Horizons CLC
Riyadh, SA