RE: Quran Project

--- Nadim Shaikli <shaikli at yahoo dot com> wrote:
[SNIP]
> Again, I agree - I'm not looking to go there either,
> but I hope you share
> my thought in that we need to continue looking for
> such a committee and
> to bring forth a viable solution for the Quran to
> make it onto computers
> in electronic format (befitting our Quran project).

Ahmad (Twaijry) noted in his last post about this
subject
(http://lists.arabeyes.org/archives/general/2003/October/msg00199.html),
that he's going to travel to meet some Sheikh about
the Quran complex help, and still we didn't hear from
him, Ahmad?
Also, I've contacted Sheikh Ahmad al-Qattan and Hussam
al-Sabsabi about this subject and Quran having
multiple spellings subject
(http://lists.arabeyes.org/archives/developer/2003/March/msg00036.html)
and _ALL_ of them (including my father) agreed that
the only certified and used reading and writing is the
Othmani writing and Hafs reading.
Sheikh Hussam told me that different writings are
_only_ used for teaching purposes, but not for usage.
This is also agreed upon, by all the Four A'Emma as he
noted.
I'm still looking further into this, and hope to get a
final answer soon.

Ossama