RE: Quran Project

--- Moustafa Elqabbany <elqabbany at yahoo dot com> wrote:
> The Qur'an is not like any other project.  The Qur'an has to be done
> perfectly or not at all.  Getting the help of a scholar is not sufficient.
> A qualified committe that reviews masahif and goes through them with a fine
> toothed comb is necessary.

I couldn't agree with you more, so help us get a hold of such a committee and
make this a reality.

> No one is forcing us to do the Qur'an project.  I suggest we *don't* do
> it unless we're sure we won't make things worse.

Here I disagree with you.  We need to be active in pursuit of these
requirements.  Sitting on our hands and simply saying we can't is NOT
an option (to me).  What we need to do is be aware of the requirements
(you note an important one above) and we need to pursue this is earnest
so that the various websites out there have a direction check and the
appropriate guidance.

> I could be more explicit in my concerns, but this is not the forum for it.

Again, I agree - I'm not looking to go there either, but I hope you share
my thought in that we need to continue looking for such a committee and
to bring forth a viable solution for the Quran to make it onto computers
in electronic format (befitting our Quran project).