LibQuran XML Data Question

Salaamun Aleykum,

Mashallah the LibQuran project is very impressive. I
was wondering what the copyright terms were for the
XML files in the data directory. Is it possible to use
LibQuran as a backend for a website to facilitate the
reading of the Quran online?

The readme file in the CVS says that the files in the
data directory are not under GNU GPL. I can understand
this because the Quran translations probably have
authors that are different than the authors of the
LibQuran project. It also notes that they are not to
be modified freely. I have two question about
modifications:

1) Is it allowed to make modifications at the
character level? For example fixing typos, escpecially
the ones in the Arabic XML file.

2) Is it allowed to change the XML structure of the
files without touching the text itself?

Thank you very much.

Peace,
Mete