Re: Quran Project

--- Mohammed Sameer <uniball at gmx dot net> wrote:
> > There are 2 issues that require urgent attention.
> >
> >  2. With Mohammed Yousif missing now for like 3 months (or more) we need
> >     to either,
> >     a. Have someone contact him physically (at home via phone or a knock
> >        on the door - he's in .eg) -- I hope he's OK
>
> Anyone know where is he living ? Address ? phone ??

I will mail you his phone number in private.

> >     b. Find a capable replacement to take on the work that he left off
>
> I don't know, But I know nothing about Qt/KDE, I can try and handle the
> gnomequran project "If I qualify". I can't do anything with qtquran and
> I don't think I have enough time to learn it.

Great, do please look into what M.Yousif had noted in his TODO, etc to get
the project (GnomeQuran) moving again - I also know that Maher is interested
to helping out so hopefully you can help launch Maher into that role :-)

I haven't heard from M.Damt in a long while, not sure he's still around for
QtQuran either (I will try to email him privately to ping him).

> > Ideas/Comments/Suggestions ?
>
> As for the data signing. we can gpg sign them, Let the user download the
> public key, or the application can do this automatically, however anyone
> can play with the code and get another key and change the download
> location.
>
> Maybe provide the downloading parts as binary only ? I don't think this
> is a good idea.

Well, we need the proper people involved first before we start making
decisions, but you are thinking in the right path.  In terms of people
changing things in the source to upload from elsewhere, etc - we could
possibly talk about using binary encoded info that itself is PGP signed
or something similar (we'll cross that bridge when we get to it).