Re: hack: arabic/vnc on linux client

It's actually still an issue. What I presented was a hack. But the xkb extension still doesn't work over vnc, whether linux or windows.

Let me rephrase: when using vnc, the characters that appear on the remote machine are always taken from the local machine's keymap. Changing the keymap on the remote machine isn't supported. So what I did was run kxkb on the local machine (RH9) and switch keyboard maps using it while accessing the remote machine (FC1). This is a workaround. The xkb extension needs to be supported on vnc.

And since it looks like you're looking for issues to work on, :) neither xmms nor Realplayer 9 (on FC1) handle Arabic paths properly. RP9 for Linux is a community project. While xmms can traverse the directories but displays them as gibberish, RP can't even open a file if Arabic is in the path.

Salam,
Moustafa

Moustafa Mounir Elqabbany مصطفى منير القباني
(The above message uses Unicode (UTF-8) encoding.)