hack: arabic/vnc on linux client

Assalamu alaikum.

As a follow-up to my previous question, I found that if the client running vnc is also running X and I switch the kbd layout to be Arabic on the local machine, it will type Arabic on the remote machine. So, until there's a way around it, you can start kxkb on the local machine and Alt-Tab between it and a full-screen vnc session of the remote machine to switch input languages. It's a clumsy hack, but it works.

(This still doesn't answer my original question because it was regarding a vnc client on Windows.)

Salam,
Moustafa