Re: Call for testing OpenOffice 1.1 Beta1

Salam,
I downloaded the OO and tried it for a whlie. Here's just a quick small log of things I found:-
* Kashida at last letter doesn't appear unless you type a letter after the last one. It doens't appear at all if you enter a new line.
* When using Format -> Character... the preview doesn't change while you choose different settings.
* When exporting to PDF, Khashida is displayed above a space character.
* When justifying paragraphcs, some words are broken.

I'll try to keep on testing it whenever I have any documents that I need to do for work.

regards,
Ossama

Isam Bayazidi wrote:

Salam all:
http://www.openoffice.org/dev_docs/source/1.1beta/index.html
OpenOffice 1.1Beta1 had been released, it includes Arabic Language support, and support for MS-Word files .. I urge you all to install it and test it .. and make sure that Arabic support in it is acceptable and up to our expectations.. The OpenOffice 643c Development release, had some probelms with LAM_ALEF when using some of the MS-Fonts.. It is supposed to be fixed here.. now I hope that you get into testing it's support for Arabic to make sure that Arabic support in the Final OpenOffice 1.1 will be as every Arab Linux user expect.

Yours
Isam Bayazidi