Re: More about OSS workshop in Jordan

On Wed, 2002-12-18 at 01:30, Mohammed Elzubeir wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 18, 2002 at 12:56:45AM +0000, Walid Shaari wrote:
> > Funny Contradictions :
> >
> > 1) The site www.intaj.net is running Microsoft-IIS/5.0 on Windows 2000.
> > 2) Micro$oft is one of the sponsers
> > 3) That Frontpage signatures in the design of the website
> > 4) one page was taken out from the old intaj website which states that
> > was a quick fix, and it was done in US (well I can not get to that page
> > any more! but would I lie ;-)
> >

> These are not really contraditictions. You have to understand that Intaj are
> not Linux advocates (or OSS advocates for that matter). They simply realize
> the need to discuss this in an open forum, to better make decisions. Also, MS
> as usual, likes to be amongst their competitors to know what's going on.
> They're noise, ignore them.
>
> As for the website, it is rather annoying for me, and I can't easily navigate
> it.. but that's something we can nicely suggest to them (if you feel strongly
> enough about it).

I can't speak for Microsoft! nor can I speak for Intaj, but the same
point did prove funny when M$ tried running it FUD site on a unix based
machine then later moved it to an open machine!!! I do believe in
general what the sponsors, participants and all involved in the
conference was for the best for Jordan, Middles-east, and IT in the
region, so do not get me wrong Its just a bad habit* I do like to pick
on such things! and actually I left one out!! as there is a limit to
what one can find ;-)

So yes thanks Intaj, sponsors including Microsoft MEA, participants, and
Isam** for that great conference, and I hope they keep on doing it
again, and again, and that we would see its effects as soon as possible
in coming work

1/2 asleeep (Walid)

* Influenced by /. addiction
** for providing us the chance to take a peek on what was going