Re: Unicode Bidi Proposal

Salam Roozbeh, salam all,

Thanks Roozbeh for your pointers. I checked them partially (I am also
extremely busy right now and I'm going on trip for a project for the next
weeks), I will invest the necessary time to check them more deeply asap.
Anyway, many points have been brought on the list you forwarded the mail
to, many with which I don't agree (I am sill convinced it would be most
interesting to find a trivial way to reuse all the exiting English software
without other changes than in the low-level libraries) or based on
misunderstandings, but some very good ones, namely Tsafrir's line breaks
problems (I wonder how I could forget that one;)).

Anyway, it is now something that I have rewritten, and I'm still open to
proposal-bashing;)

Salam,
Chahine

PS: Nadim, I didn't forget your (x)emacs info request, I'll try to document
myself and send you the info asap, it's just that it's been three weeks I
haven't had a full night sleep coz of work, so my apologies (to anyone
concerned) for delays.

The new bidi proposal is available on the arabeyes.org CVS (under doc/misc).