Re: Accounts -- to be active or not to be

--- Abdulaziz Al-Arfaj <alarfaj0 at yahoo dot com> wrote:
> To be eligible to vote you must have had 3 months of uninterrupted
> contribution (no period of inactivity) between July 28th and October
> 28th. So three months of activity before the elections makes you
> eligible to vote.

That was the original plan - now we're entertaining the thought of having
CVS access expire after 6 months of inactivity (instead of 3) and letting
anyone who has had CVS activity in the past 12 months, irrespective of
current status, be able to vote.  A nominee will still need to have an
active CVS account in order to qualify.

Without unnecessary complications, there is no easy manner in which you
can really filter serious vs. single-commit-per-year-now-I-can-vote people.
As such, we can only abide by people's honor, commitment and word which
are all prerequisites for attaining a CVS account to begin with.

Hope that makes sense.