proposed changes to election process

I'm sure everyone will want to kill me for this, but after finaly
understanding the election procedure (sorry for being so late) I found
it rather undemocratic (or as nadim would put it unfair).

the reason I think it's undemocratic is that the rules dictate only
people who where active in the 90 days prior to nomination period are
eligible to nominate themselves or vote, this is rather unfair is
someone was active for more than 50 percent of the year but drops her
activity for 25% of the year for any reason they're outside the decision
making process.

this also expects too much commitment from people, maybe I care alot
about arabeyes and can contribute alot but it was not my #1 priority in
life, this should not be a reason to exclude me from the process.

after a longish discussion on IRC I came up
with suggestions for changes in procedure.

my proposal is as follows

anyone who had an active CVS account in the 6 months prior to
nomination time is eligible to nominate him/herself for core.

anyone who had an active CVS account in the 12 months prior to the
election time is eligible to vote.

this means the account was active anytime in the given period, it
doesn't matter what the current status of the account is

I know asking for extrairdniary changes in procedure one month before
elections is not a nice thing to do, but I think its very important.

both El Zubir and Nadim agree to my proposal, I'd like to know what the
rest of you think, specialy Youcef Rahal what is your opinion?

cheers,
Alaa
--
http://www.manalaa.net