Re: Donations

--- Michelle Konzack <linux4michelle at freenet dot de> wrote:
> Am 2004-08-28 13:14:09, schrieb Muhammad Alkarouri:
>
> > Perhaps I should draw your attention to the fact that using an account
> > in the US immediately excludes donations from many countries, Sudan is
> > one for sure. Probably Libya, Iran, Syria and others. I am not sure if
> > we can expect any donations from these countries, but should we shut
> > the door on them?
> > AFAIK, the US is the only country that places such restrictions.
>
> How many Developers are in France or germany for example ?
>
> If we find minimal 7 Peoples, we can create an Assosiation,
> e.g, "Arabeyes e.V." (in Germany) to collect money from Europe.
>
> At the same time, donating in Europe can reduce the Steur/Impot/tax.
>
> And more... They are Online Stores like <http://www.lehmanns.de/>
> and others where buyers can donate to a specified organism...
>
> In France and Germany are no restrictions...

When these options were looked into they didn't pan out - in other words,
they were deemed ineffective.  Keep in mind that our current setup does
NOT involve any fees (NONE) - meaning, we don't have monthly fees, setup
fees, transaction fees, etc.  France, Canada and the UAE were looked into.

As for donations from countries listed, well there isn't much we can do
again given that we went through this discussion in the past.  In short,
we'll have to live with it.