Want to join KDE translation effort

السلام عليكم ورحمة الله وبركاته

As a huge fan of KDE I want to translate it to Arabic. I already
checked out the PO files :)

But I have some questions:
- Is there anything I need beside the PO files?
- What should I translate trunk-kde3, trunk-kde4, or stable?
- Do I have to do any configuration in KBabel?
- Does any distro ignore this translation and use its own? (I'm using
Kubuntu right now)
- What is the quickest way to preview the translation (nightly or
weekly builds, localization packages, or something of that sort)
- Is there a calendar for IRC meetings somewhere?
- Is there any "sane" keyboard layout for Linux? (the current one
treat ﻻ as one character, plus a number of weird stuff like shift+س=S)

I know I asked a little too much, but bear with me :)

Peace.