Re: Similar to Tahoma

On Thu, Dec 13, 2007 at 10:00:55AM +0200, moayyad sadi wrote:
> > ... Red Hat under GPL named "liberation" that simulated the MS fonts like Times
> > new Roman, Arial, and Courier New)//
> > you can download them from: https://www.redhat.com/promo/fonts/
>
> no no no
> liberation fonts from Red Hat does not provide Arabic
> (or at least it did not appear to me so)
Last time I checked, it hadn't any Arabic glyphs.

> it's just pango magic
> where pango substitute the missing glyphs from other similar  fonts
>
> BTW
> Serif (or times) means مذيل
> Sans or Arial means غير مذير

I like that translation :) BTW, Arabic has no such thing as serifs, it is
a Latin typography centric term.

> and even in MS fonts there is no such thing for Arabic
> they all have similar glyphs
Even more, there handling of harakat is very poor, and mostly broken,
for example, try to type harakat on lam-alif and you'll get something
like ل‍‍ا.

--
 Khaled