Re: Rosetta - is it a duplicate effort?

السلام عليكم

On Thursday 28 September 2006 19:07, Mohamed Magdy wrote:

> I think Rosetta is a duplicate effort, I mean .. wouldn't it be better
> if you get the translations directly from the software's website?

	Rosetta is a duplicate effort. All effort in Rosetta useless sice it is only
released in Ubuntu packages. Pretentiously, Ubuntu thinks project
maintainers, like KDE and Gnome l10n team coordinators, should import
translations from Ubuntu packages manually, translations that are often low
quality because they are exposed to unexperienced translators. Many files
that were translated elsewhere are not in Rosetta and vice versa.

	Rosetta however makes contributions easier. For this reason, Djihed is
studying the possibility to use Pootle within Arabeyes and develop missing
features. Pootle is also a Debian SoC project.