Rosetta - is it a duplicate effort?

Hello

<beginning of rant>
I just took a look at Rosetta and I noticed that it contains a lot of programs from everywhere... I was searching for Xfce translations ... I've found 'thunar' and I think the rest is there too ... what happens now when someone translates it and it becomes translated on Xfce's website and still not translated on Rosetta? duplicate work when people translates it again in Rosetta .. right?
Ubuntu gets its translations from Rosetta .. is that correct?
if so, is it possible to upload completed files into Rosetta?
Another thing .. I'm working on Gaim too and found it in Rosetta with another people working on it...

I think Rosetta is a duplicate effort, I mean .. wouldn't it be better if you get the translations directly from the software's website?
</end of rant>
--
Use Translato : http://alnokta.ignorelist.com/translato