Re: Some Translation issues we discussed.

Youssef Chahibi wrote:
On Sunday 15 October 2006 14:45, Djihed Afifi wrote:
He recommanded translating the non abbbreviated name to arabic, and
then abbreviating the translation using arabic rules.
e.g. IP
Internet Protocol = بروتوكول الإنترنت
IP = ب.إ
What should be the abbreviation letters? The first letter or he first letter of the radical?
ex:
Let us not make it hard coded rules and deal with each abbreviation at a time .. I mean , someone proposes(like you) then we all discuss it until we reach an agreement...
معلم متعامد ممنظم مباشر:
‌م‌م‌م‌م‌
ع‌ع‌ن‌ب

Sorry, but what is the English abbreviation ? I don't know what it means...
I used here the Persian ZWNJ (Zero width non joiner), which disjoins letters without a space. Should we use it for Arabic abbreviations and include it in the standard layout? Because the dot takes too much space.
I don't know about that ... but I prefer the dots because even if it takes a lot of space(as you are saying), it prevents confusion ....

Djihed, will you please start the wiki page I mentioned before?

Mohamed