Re: Some Translation issues we discussed.

On Sunday 15 October 2006 14:45, Djihed Afifi wrote:
> He recommanded translating the non abbbreviated name to arabic, and
> then abbreviating the translation using arabic rules.
> e.g. IP
> Internet Protocol = بروتوكول الإنترنت
> IP = ب.إ
What should be the abbreviation letters? The first letter or he first letter
of the radical?
ex:
معلم متعامد ممنظم مباشر:
‌م‌م‌م‌م‌
ع‌ع‌ن‌ب
Letter م is very frequent in the beginning of many words in Arabic. Same with
ا and أ.

I used here the Persian ZWNJ (Zero width non joiner), which disjoins letters
without a space. Should we use it for Arabic abbreviations and include it in
the standard layout? Because the dot takes too much space.