Re: Interesting: IBM translator

Aside from all the comedy - is there contact info at IBM we can probe
to see if there are any parts to what they're doing that _we_ can
make use of or benefit from ?  I'm sure there isn't anything they'd
share (since this was a DARPA project) but there is no harm in asking.

Anyone willing to follow this through ?

Two weeks ago some IBM representatives came to our school for talks. I
asked one of them about efforts on translation and their strategy on
OSS in the ME (I, in my naivety, thought they might be interested in
countering MS increasing influence in the ME, by sponsoring people
like us). They claimed that despite the fact that IBM was pushing for
"English" only and putting the burden on the users to learn the
language, there is an increasing drive in the company to supply
products localised... Take that with a grain of salt.

This looks like a project aimed solely at the military, sad thing it
will most likely die as soon as the military no longer need it. It is
sad that these efforts are only kick started for this kind of things
:/

Djihed