Re: Firefox 2.0 translation complete.

Djihed Afifi wrote:
> Salam
>

> I have just completed translating the last files for Firefox 2.0. We
> should aim to ship a proper  Arabic ready firefox 2.0 by the official
> release date: the start of September. There is still more to do, here
> are some issues:
>
> 1) We need at least one complete revision of the translation, Firefox
> is very widely used, and we should ship a quality translated browser
> that we can recommend as persons to friends, as well as an
> organisation to other organisations.
> 2) We should work for an official Arabic advertising campaign for the
> browser. There are some ways to do this: web advertising, contacting
> Arabic IT magazines/websites etc, We could contact SpreadFirefox.com
I can try to create a web banner for that. However, I can also send a
message to one of the IT mailing lists I'm subscribed to which has
members in different educational, governmental, private and public
sectors here in KSA at least.

> 3) Arabic versions of the Mozilla website need to be set. Ayman, can
> we make contacts with mozilla.org about this?
> 4) Of course, we need to test build the Arabic version. I personally
> have no knowledge of that yet, I'm quite busy to go hunt for
> resources, Ayman or anybody else can you point me to direct resources
> on how to convert our po's to firefox compatible files and build the
> whole thing?
> 5) Ayman: I'm gonna make you go crazy :P Is this really all for 2.0?
> can you double check?
>
> Special thanks to Ayman for translating 1.5 and for setting 2.0 up on
> the CVS.
>
> Djihed
Nice work and very good job. Congrats everyone on this achievement :)