Re: ترجمات مستعملة فقط في مصر و السودان

i'm sorry but this is a real show-stopper for users.... I cannot imagine a normal-user algerian / saudi or other understanding "تشرين "  or "نيسان" , they would be VERY confused....

I have lived for 6 years in algeria, and I am a qatari, and I have only heard about these months by watching syrian/lebanese/jordanian TV... and some tv news/newspapers use both together, but that gives "Huge" dates as in :
5 كانون الثاني/يناير 2006

any attempt to do this would naturally evolve to:
5 كانون الثاني/يناير/جانفي 2006

I agree that these should be handeled by locales, and I think ares in one "po" file containing system-wide currency/date format/number formats ...etc. and not scattered in many application "po"s .... this means a total of 22/23 po files which could be managed.

p.s. I was shocked to see the dates I and many arabs use every day referred to as a "translation mistake"... I am usually a silent listerer to the mailing lists,,,