Re: ترجمات مستعملة فقط في مصر و ا لسودان

On 7/29/06, Djihed Afifi <djihedlists at googlemail dot com> wrote:
This should be handled by the locale.
[...]

However, the caveat is that we don't have the manpower to do that for
every Arabic locale in parallel (it should be kept in mind for the
future). For now, we have to agree on a common notation.

QAC[1] should decide on these issues, I'm not sure whether it is active anymore?

Not active, in the sense of actual meetings and decisions, but this very discussion can be considered as some form of quality assurance.

Back to the point. Until we actually have the manpower to implement for different locales, if we must choose just one form for the months (or any other subject where there are different varieties used across the Arab World, like the current x-axis y-axis debate), I would probably go with whatever is used in Egypt.

Regards,

Abdulaziz,