Re: Arabic plural forms issues

On 7/29/06, Djihed Afifi <djihedlists at googlemail dot com> wrote:

> If I understand correctly, we are asking developers to use variable
> shuffling to avoid the segmentation fault. But is Arabic the only language
> that has plural forms that dont require a variable? If Arabic is not the
> only language, shouldn't variable shuffling be already in wide use when it
> comes to plural forms and applications that support them?

No, it is us -the translators- who does the shuffling, as we are in
charge of delivering the strings. We could write %2$s instead of  %s
for example.

Ah, well that simplifies things greatly. Thanks for the explanation. Our only concern now then is testing it for different implementations.

Regards,

Abdulaziz,