Re: Firefox 2.0

--- Djihed Afifi <djihedlists at googlemail dot com> wrote:
> I would like to know how arabeyes tends to organise its CVS. From my
> understanding of other OSS projects, they don't prune old version as
> soon as a new version is out. They can reside freely on the cvs server
> as long as enough space/resources are there.
>
> Is it arabeyes policy to delete old versions of translations when new
> versions are out?

There isn't a policy per-se but that has been the practice of previous
project coordinators and maintainers (those of you reading this, do
please speak up).  The point that was made was that once the data is
uploaded to the mothership there really isn't a need to keep the old
data around (post patching-in the new HEAD files of course).  Keep in
mind that the old files should be available on the mothership's
repository on a per release basis (check KDE's or Gnome's repositories)
which further notes the lack of necessity on our part to keep those
submitted files around.

We're not hurting for disk space just yet but if every project started
keeping its old files we will rather soon.