Re: Our Gnome CVS Structure

--- Djihed Afifi <djihedlists at googlemail dot com> wrote:
> We are currently not working on HEAD. We are currently working on 2.16
> How do you propose maintaing 2.16 and subsequent 2.16 releases while
> going after HEAD in the future?
>
> We need versioning.

That's completely upto you/the-other-project-translators and the project
maintainer/coordinator but my understanding (or what I've seen in
the past) is that only a single version was worked on at any one point.
Sub-versions (or minor versions) were never pursued (again we're very
strapped for resources so that made sense to me).

In short, proceed as you see fit - but I caution against taking on too
much and can humbly suggest to concentrate on the next BIG release (say
the one in 3+ months) to better ensure that we'll reach a very high
completion rate/number.  Once that is complete then I suggest repeating
the process - in this manner minor releases don't become a concern.