Re: Arabic Team Coordinator

On 7/16/06, Youssef Chahibi <chahibi at gmail dot com> wrote:
> If the Arabeyes project still wants to manage the translations of
> GNOME, they'd better present an alternative coordinator candidate as
> soon as possible.

Hello,

        I suggest to be the next coordinator. My name is Youssef Chahibi and
participate in Arabeyes. I currently coordinate KDE and work on the wordlist
and glossary project in Arabeyes.

Ok. Please, get yourself an account in our Bugzilla (http://bugzilla.gnome.org/), and let us know your account name once done (the account name is the e-mail address you used for registering the Bugzilla account). Furthermore, we would also like you to subscribe to this mailing list (http://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/gnome-i18n) if you have not already done so, since we require all coordinators to be subscribed.

I am going to follow the needed step to get a CVS access.

A CVS account is a later issue; first we need to solve the coordinatorship. Then the new coordinator can possibly have an account once he or she has contributed translations. Please see http://live.gnome.org/TranslationProject/RequestingAnAccount .

So, to summarize, the current situation is that right now we have two candidates for the Arabic team coordinator position in GNOME; 'sinplomo' and Youssef Chahibi.

Christian