Re: Arabic Team Coordinator

On 7/15/06, Arafat Medini <arafato at gmail dot com> wrote:
Yes I did resign.
I am no longer gnome translation coordinator.

Ok, thanks for letting us now know this officially (we, for obvious reasons, cannot treat any GNOME translation team coordinator resignation as official unless it happens on the gnome-i18n list).

My only concern was: who is this person? as no name and no further
information was mentioned. Will he take coordination away from Arabeyes?
-> so the question.

Well I wouldn't have reacted in any other way anyway unless he/she mentioned
that he/she is Mr/Mrs so and so
And he/she was in contact with Arabeyes for some time.

So normally you should be happy that I still think about you and Arabeyes
even if I am not officially part of it anymore...

'sinplomo' still hasn't replied with any of the details I requested (like full name and list of past contributions), but as soon as he or she has replied with the details, I will treat this person as a candidate for Arabic coordinatorship in GNOME.

If the Arabeyes project still wants to manage the translations of
GNOME, they'd better present an alternative coordinator candidate as
soon as possible.

Christian