Re: Kubuntu, Arabic Edition

Exactly Djihed,

I've chose to build my distro on top ubuntu because of many reasons:

1- Simplify our job. We don't need to start from scratch.
2- Inherent the big momentum of  Ubuntu. Ubuntu is very pplar... and winning land everyday... IMHO, it is the best distro for client side.

I got everything working in 15 minute. This will leave us free to focus on arabic-specific programs such us spell and grammar checkers, fonts, artwork.

Djihed Afifi <djihedlists at googlemail dot com> wrote:
Not to speak for Ahmed, but I think he is not translating KDE through,
but just including arabic packages in kubuntu.

Kubuntu gets their kde translations from upstream kde sometimes.

Djihed

On Thu, 2006-12-14 at 21:22 +0200, Mohamed Magdy wrote:
> I don't want to set you off but here is what I say:
> If you get KDE fully translated; then you have Kubuntu translated, don't
> use Rosetta as it is just a duplicate... translate the applications that
> Kubuntu uses, not Kubuntu itself...

Work on Arabic Gnome Translation
http://wiki.arabeyes.org/Gnome

Blog: http://djihed.com