Re: Translation Projects, Syncing?

Le Jeudi 31 Mars 2005 08:49, Abdulaziz Al-Arfaj a écrit :
> Actually, syncing should be made, ideally, even if the project is 0%
> translated. The POs on the mother ship continously change. Sometimes
> strings are added, sometimes they are removed. Imagine coming up to a
> PO file in a project thats not fully translated, translating that
> file, only to realize that file has been removed in the mothership!
> All your work would be for naught :-)

Yes, 120 % true

>Not a bad idea actually. Unfortunately it cannot be applied as various
>projects have different development cycles. 2 months might be too long
>or too short. It is best in our situation to let each individual
>project maintainer assign tasks in his/her own team.

Yes I completely ignored this problem, maintainers should agree with is ? Do
you ( maintainers ) agree with this idea ? Rather than hirinh volunteer,
you'd better make TODO list ( an HTML one ) with a little button " Pick this
task " and " Choose the date limit ", and then an e-mail will be send to the
volunteer wihch describes the task each week ( depending on the chosen
limit), this will be interesting for newbies who are frightened from CVS.
Then, the voluteer wil send its work to the maintainer who will easily copy
and paste the files ( or the changes ) to the main branch. But SYNCING IS AN
URGENCE. What do you think ?