Re: Arabic OpenOffice-1.1 compose and menu problem.

--- Nadim Shaikli <shaikli at yahoo dot com> wrote:
> --- BSD Mail <bsdmail at gmail dot com> wrote:
[...]
> > 1. The menus are all in Arabic and to be honest Although I speak
> > Arabic I find it very difficult to understand the menus. I would like
> > to know which option can turn the menu's language from Arabic to
> > English.

Sorry, but I have completely no idea about FreeBSD. I guess it's just a matter
of environment variables, especially LANG. Really not sure.

> > 2. I'm surprised although I can open and read Arabic documents written
> > by others. I can't compose one. I tried to use Ctrl-Shift as someone
> > suggested to me. It only changed the direction, and it kept on
> > composing in english. Do I have to install something else to be able
> > to compose in Arabic ?

Writing Arabic (or switching between AR/EN keyboards) is completely dependant
on the host OS. I mean, you have to configure your desktop to switch between
Arabic and other languages, and once that's done you'll use just the same way
with OpenOffice.

> Ossama, could you please attend to these questions ?

Sorry, but I thought someone with knowledge about FreeBSD would reply.
Apologies for the late answer.

- Ossama

Celebrate Yahoo!'s 10th Birthday!