Re: Sais, again?

--- Muhammad Alkarouri <malkarouri at yahoo dot co dot uk> wrote:
> Speaking about howtos, I hope some can comment about some thoughts
> about the SAIS document, which I am suggesting in
>   http://wiki.arabeyes.org/SaisIdeas
>
> Basically, I am still convinced that Sais is a great idea, if it gets
> up. I am thinking of a number of changes. In short:
>
> - Making use of a new concept, a software stack.
> - To make the beneficiaries from the saisapps list supply app names
> - And make the list of some use.

Sounds fine to me - I'd move away from the usage of the word 'stack'
and maybe gravitate towards 'Apps-List' or similar.  The other comment
I have is with regards to the mini example and kinda the reverse
philosophy.  When standardizing on something its alot easier to say
Gold is A,B,C and Silver is A,B instead of saying product-1 has A,F,H
and product-2 has B,K yet they all are both Silver (that confuses
potential developers into knowing clearly what it is they have to do
to attain a certain level of certification).

In other words, it would be alot easier to say in order to satisfy
a certain certification you need to have the following list of Arabic
supported functions included (office suite, graphical mail tool,
locales, arabic terminal emulator, etc).  This might be nit-picking,
but I have a feeling that's what you want to hear.

Let's see the rebirth of SAIS :-)