Fw: Re:Joining request

Salam Ahmed,

You don't need to send me a reply personally. Anything that is remotely related
to Arabeyes' work should always be said on the mailing lists. Openness is the
name of our game and its one of the pillars that Arabeyes is founded upon.

I have great confidence that you will not disappoint us ISA. I hope you have
read the HOWTOs I asked you to. What you can do now, before Isam assigns you
some work, is make sure your actually ready to do some translation. Install
kbabel, make sure Arabic is working smoothly and correctly. Make sure CVS is
working and that you know how to use it (read the HOWTO on that) and don't
forget to apply for a CVS account. You request will only be approved after you
get some work done of course, but applying will show that your committed.

Familiarize yourself with the PO files in the KDE tree by reading a few of the
finished ones. Translating is a skill that one acquires by practice, and the
more you read the works of those before you the more ready you will be.

If you have any further questions please don't hesitate to ask, and if you need
one-on-one support you will almost always find someone helpful in the Arabeyes
chatroom (#arabeyes on the IRC server freenode).

Hope to be working with you soon, salam.

Abdulaziz,

p.s. as I already mentioned it is highly not recommended that you use HTML
emails so use plain text instead. We may eventually filter out all HTML emails
as an anti-spam measure.

--- Ahmed allam <ahmed_computer at hotmail dot com> wrote:

> Dear sir,
> i really want to join the arabization project...and no i won't disappear in
> shaa allah
> but you know something i really don't know what to do now.
> i am already subscribed to the DOC mailing list
> or should i wait till Mr.Issam assigns a job to me.
>

>                                                                   regards,
[...]