Re: Joining request

Welcome Ahmed,

Your email arrived late, so it appears your not subscribed to the doc mailing
list. I suggest you do that right away and subscribe to the general mailing
list while you are at it.

Its always a momentus occassion when a new translator joins us. We never seem
to have enough. The important thing is, to be committed. If you want to join
the Arabeyes translation projects, you must be very committed, and not
dissappear like others have done. I hope you will prove otherwise and
demonstrate your skills to us.

Please read the following HOWTOs:

http://www.arabeyes.org/download/documents/misc/doc_standards-en/
http://www.arabeyes.org/download/documents/guide/translator-guide-en/

You should find a bit of useful information in there for you. It wont be enough
to get you started though. Hopefully, Isam will assign you a module to work on.

On several occassions in the past, someone has come to Arabeyes with a request
to join, we say "great", and we never hear from them again. Hopefully, you will
prove your usefulness to the project :)

Please do ask any questions you may have and keep us posted of any progress you
make while you work on any project. Transparency is key.

Salam,

Abdulaziz,

p.s. Please use plain text rather than HTML email. We may soon _ban_ all HTML
emails from our mailing lists.

--- Ahmed �Allam <ahmed_computer at hotmail dot com> wrote:

---------------------------------
Dear sir,
i am ahmed allam from egypt, 18 years old.
i would like to join the linux arabization project as a translator.
i had education in both arabic and ebglish language and i have a good
experience in them.
i would like to start translating......and join you.
so please can u assign me a task...at aby project.....i am interested in
translating KDE's interface.

                   regards,

                                   ahmed allam
[...]